MobileMe calendar syncing and creating a new cal event w/ LB

General discussions about LaunchBar
stephen-m

MobileMe calendar syncing and creating a new cal event w/ LB

Post by stephen-m » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm

I recently started using the new MobileMe calendar web app, which cloud-syncs calendars between my iMac and iPod touch. Activating my MobileMe cloud calendars in iCal caused a duplication of events already posted in iCal. So I kept the MobileMe calendars and deleted the original iCal calendars, and now I'm properly syncing all my calendars through the MobileMe cloud and seeing each event in iCal and on my iPod touch only once.

The problem is that when I tried to create a new calendar event in LB, I couldn't find any of my MobileMe cloud calendars. (The only calendars LB found were the ones I had created in iCal; and after I deleted those, LB couldn't find any calendars). So I can't see how to create a new event in LB unless I turn on my iMac-based iCal calendars and end up with duplicate event entries like I had before.

Hopefully I'm missing a process in LB that will allow me to add an event to a MobileMe calendar. And as the MobileMe calendaring app is new—still in beta, in fact—I'm guessing/hoping that the LB code jockeys are already updating LB to recognize MobileMe cloud calendars. If not, consider this a feature request.

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: MobileMe calendar syncing and creating a new cal event w/ LB

Post by manfred » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:03 pm

if you open LaunchBar's index, take a look at Calendars. Are there any items in the index?
Please try to update this rule. Maybe this solves your problem.

I am looking forward to your response.

jinschoi

Post by jinschoi » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm having the same issue. LaunchBar's index does not show the new CalDAV account calendars.

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by manfred » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:24 pm

Jinschoi, what version of LaunchBar do you use? Please try the latest nightly build (http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/nightly.html) because it contains improvements on calendar indexing.

Let me know if this solved your issue.

jinschoi

Post by jinschoi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:40 pm

I was on the latest release. Tried the nightly, it does indeed fix the problem. By the way, the latest "nightly" build came out in January? I do not think that word means what you think it means....