General discussions about LaunchBar
activescott

Disable Space key for Subsearch & QuickLook

Post by activescott » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Topic: Question / Technical Problem
ProductVersion: 5.0.2
OperatingSystem: 10.6.4
CPU: Intel

I'm a quicksilver user and trying out launchbar as a replacement. I am familiar with searching for literal text like someone's full name like "john smith" to find their contact entry or a folder name like "File Formats".

However, with launchbar upon entering space it jumps into some seemingly random subsearch or pops up a Quick Look" that invalidates my search and is always not what I want. If I stop before typing the space, it is usually not accurate enough to get to the thing I want. To give a complete example: I have a folder named "File Formats". If I start entering f-i-l-e into launchbar the folder doesn't show up in they launchbar list at all. If I entered f-i-l-e-<space>-f I bet it would be accurate enough (quicksilver is). However, upon entering the space I get shown a "quicklook" window on a completely wrong item.

So how can I disable space key from activating things and get it to be treated as part of the search string?

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Disable Space key for Subsearch & QuickLook

Post by sjk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 am

activescott wrote:So how can I disable space key from activating things and get it to be treated as part of the search string?

You can't. LB is intentionally designed that way and it's been discussed in other threads.

activescott

Re: Disable Space key for Subsearch & QuickLook

Post by activescott » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Back to quicksilver then...