How to get LaunchBar to...

General discussions about LaunchBar
Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

How to get LaunchBar to...

Post by Walter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:11 am

I have an application ( for an example to explain the problem ) named Body Diary that when i launched it the very first time I made my body weight entry and then saved the " file ".

Thereafter i would double click that "file" to add another day's weight entry. Therefore the file would show the daily weigh ins.

If i use LaunchBar it will select/launch the said application but then i have to to select open...

How do i get LaunchBar to see/select that "file" ?

TomEck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: How to get LaunchBar to...

Post by TomEck » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:03 am

May I suggest again to take a look at the manual: Recent Items, in particular: Accessing an application’s recent documents (but only for coca applications!)

The other way is to search for the file rather than the application. Open the file should open the associate application. Exception: The file format is associated with an other application (for example: rtf will be opened by TextEdit by default; you may change this via the Finder info panel). However, that means the folder were the file is stored must be indexed.

Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Walter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 am

The other way is to search for the file rather than the application.

Poor MR MAGOO here had to much coffee today: yes, indeed that solved my problem but that drop down menu needs to be a wee bit larger or the font type and size should be larger by user's choice. Perhaps? in the next version ?

FredSmith
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FredSmith » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Walter wrote:yes, indeed that solved my problem but that drop down menu needs to be a wee bit larger or the font type and size should be larger by user's choice. Perhaps? in the next version ?

Many have asked ...