Too much indexing

General discussions about LaunchBar
rmathes

Too much indexing

Post by rmathes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 pm

it seems like LB is updating the index like every few minutes. i'll actually get a slight performance hit when it does this. it's to the point where i'm like "again, are you freaking kidding me?"

is there a way to specify that it only update the index like every half hour or something? it's literally doing it every few minutes, which seems excessive.

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Too much indexing

Post by sjk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:28 pm

You can make indexing frequency/conditions adjustments for specific categories under the Schedule tab of the Index > Show Index (Option-Command-I) indexing rules window.

Once you determine which categor(y|ies) (is|are) triggering excessive indexing, which might take some temporary disabling/enabling, you can adjust just those accordingly.

rmathes

Post by rmathes » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:39 am

thanks!

reboot81

Post by reboot81 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Is there a way to change the frequency of indexing? It's running way to often, and using to much resources than I'd like it to.

Nick Sloan

Post by Nick Sloan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Bump. I too would very much like back a little control over indexing frequency, particularly since it appears that "tag indexing" stalls for long periods, and I have no way either to cancel it or to help it along.