Is there any way to do triggers with Launchbar?

General discussions about LaunchBar
switters

Is there any way to do triggers with Launchbar?

Post by switters » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm considering switching to LB from QS. So far I like what I see. However, the one function I absolutely cannot live without is triggers. I currently have QS set up so that I can open Safari, Mail, iCal, NetNewsWire, and several other applications simply by pressing one button on my keyboard (I've assigned F13 - F19 keys for these applications).

From what I gather, LB can't do this. Why not? It seems like it would be relatively easy to implement, and as far as I can tell it is a much requested feature.

Otherwise, LB looks fantastic. BTW, I am open to using another application to replace the trigger functionality from QS if you know of one.

Thanks.

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Is there any way to do triggers with Launchbar?

Post by sjk » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Previously requested, e.g.:

suggestion: add triggers to Launchbar

switters

Re: Is there any way to do triggers with Launchbar?

Post by switters » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 pm

I found a temporary solution in the meantime, which is to use DragThing. You can easily set up hotkeys to open folders, applications, documents, etc. I assume it can be used to run AppleScripts but I haven't tried it for that. I've configured it so that I never see the DragThing dock unless I bring the DragThing app to the front. The only downside is that it isn't free. Hopefully Launchbar will integrate this functionality soon.