LaunchBar & 1Password

General discussions about LaunchBar
connorp

Feature Request: 1Password Integration

Postby connorp » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 am

Greetings to two of my favorite Mac developers, Agile Web Solutions and Objective Development!

I am cross posting this feature request to each of you because I assume, if you are inclined to look into implementing it, that it will be a collaborative effort. As you might assume from this match, my feature request is to have 1Password support built into Launchbar.

Many times I find myself wishing I could search for a specific login in 1Password from within Launchbar, then fill it in or paste it right from there. This functionality would be an enormous help to me, and I would imagine others could find it useful as well. This perhaps could be a little far fetched, but I would be very happy if you would even consider it!

Many thanks,

Connor P
http://connorp.me/
connor@connorp.me

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Feature Request: 1Password Integration

Postby sjk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:20 am

connorp wrote:This functionality would be an enormous help to me

Got any specific example(s) of how? I'm curious.

waywalker

LaunchBar & 1Password

Postby waywalker » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to create an indexing rule for 1Password Go & Fill bookmarks?
From a brief discussion with the Agile Web team (http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/sh ... p?p=104577), it appears to be a trivial matter :)

In no particular programming language:

Code: Select all

repeat with all files in 1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/
   create new LaunchBar item with Kind="Web Bookmark", Name=1P.Title, Address=1P.location?onepasswdfill=1P.uuid
end repeat

ToddPeperkorn

Postby ToddPeperkorn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:10 am

I second that request! 1Password integration would be fabulous!

CWM

Postby CWM » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 pm

oh, yeah, that would be awesome.

waywalker

Re: LaunchBar & 1Password

Postby waywalker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 pm

*bump*
Anyone? :)

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Postby sjk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:16 am

waywalker

Postby waywalker » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Thanks for the link!

Still hoping for a comment from the LaunchBar developers, though.
The solution appears to be rather simple.

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Postby sjk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:57 am

waywalker wrote:Still hoping for a comment from the LaunchBar developers

I've never seen anyone from Objective Development other than Norbert post in LB forums so I suspect he may be its only developer. :)

HansCz

Postby HansCz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:42 pm

*bump*

dekekincaid

Postby dekekincaid » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:44 am

except you would have to put your master password in every time you search it unless you currently have the database unlocked. Sounds like a very unsecure feature which would defeat the entire reason for having 1password in the first place.

sjk
Wizard
Wizard

Postby sjk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:03 pm

dekekincaid wrote:except you would have to put your master password in every time you search it unless you currently have the database unlocked. Sounds like a very unsecure feature which would defeat the entire reason for having 1password in the first place.

Thanks for mentioning those points. It's part of the reason I was curious for specific examples of how this would be an "enormous help", as connorp's original post said it would be. No responses to that, just followups about how "awesome" and "fabulous" it would be to have a feature that still has "I want this but I can't explain why" questionable value.

dekekincaid

Postby dekekincaid » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Exactly. If you don't care about the 1024 bit encryption which is the entire reason to use something like 1Password or Wallet then you might as well just put your passwords and credit cards wide open in a text file or a bento database. :evil:

waywalker

Postby waywalker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:41 pm

I've been using a workaround as described here: http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/sh ... p?p=104577

Seeing how there is no reply on viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3450, I'm thinking about writing up a script that will read the 1P Agile keychain directory and create some kind of bookmark file that can be imported into LaunchBar.

gyuen

Postby gyuen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:55 pm

I would also like this feature. There are times when I use a browser not supported by 1Password (chrome, anything in a Windows VM), that's most of the time when it'd be most useful. Some sites also I may get a login (like Amazon uses the same login for all countries). There are also rare times when 1Password can't save or retrieve the login for the current site so I save it in the Wallet. It's not too often I find I need to open 1Password to get something but it does happen.

edit: another time: my twitter or delicious login used in other apps. so need to lookup in 1Password. pain to open and look it up.

Gary

Return to “LaunchBar General”