Feature Request: Google Chrome/ Chromium

General discussions about LaunchBar
ptujec
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Feature Request: Google Chrome/ Chromium

Post by ptujec » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

drylight wrote:These sorts of requests would be helped if LaunchBar had an open API where people could write their own plugins. Like QuickSilver did and QSB does. Then someone would write a plugin which makes LB work better with Google Chrome (or any other application).
+1 for a plugin API

… and make it slow and crappy like the products you mentioned. No, thanks. I kind of like LaunchBars philosophy. I only wish they would be a bit faster with their update.

dwnfthr

Post by dwnfthr » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:39 pm

+1

Tapper

Re: Feature Request: Google Chrome/ Chromium integration

Post by Tapper » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Please integrate Launchbar with Google Chrome 6 and the 7 dev versions so that bookmarks and history are accessible. Thank you. I just switched from Safari and miss these features. I am using Chrome 7.0.544

jessealama

Post by jessealama » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 pm

+1

dadama

Post by dadama » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

One interim solution is to use BookMacster (http://www.sheepsystems.com/products/bkmx/) to keep bookmarks synced across browsers. It will import all your Chrome bookmarks and push them to Safari (and other browsers if desired) , which can then be accessed by Launchbar. Although you will see the Safari icon it will open in your preferred browser.

Not ideal but it does the trick if you happen to have a license of BookMacster.

Cheers,
dadama

claymourn

Post by claymourn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Yes please!

mikiwa

Post by mikiwa » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Another vote for Chrome support!

I've been an avid user of LaunchBar for couple years. Back then, Chrome was insignificant but it now has 16-23% of the browser market (likely higher for LaunchBar customer base). I think it's pretty lame for LaunchBar to continue to have no support for this browser. C'mon now... lets keep up with the times.

shooflyshoo

Post by shooflyshoo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Another vote here!

bdesham

Post by bdesham » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 am

I have written a Python script to convert Chrome’s bookmarks file to a format that LaunchBar will read. The script is available at https://github.com/bdesham/py-chrome-bookmarks.

If you’re not proficient with Python and/or the command line, I would suggest creating a folder called “Bookmarks” in the Library folder in your Home folder, and placing this script there. Then launch Terminal, type this command, and press “return”:

Code: Select all

python ~/Library/Bookmarks/py-chrome-bookmarks.py "~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Bookmarks" ~/Library/Bookmarks/chrome.html

There will now be a file called “chrome.html” in the Bookmarks folder you created; you can go in to LaunchBar’s index and add this file by clicking New → Web Bookmarks → Custom HTML Bookmarks File….

If you add, change, or remove a bookmark in Chrome you will have to run the script again to update the file. You can do this automatically in cron by adding this to your crontab:

Code: Select all

1 * * * * python ~/Library/Bookmarks/bookmarks.py "~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Bookmarks" ~/Library/Bookmarks/chrome.html

Reply here or use the e-mail address provided on that GitHub page if you have questions about this script.

launcher01

Post by launcher01 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:40 am

Hi bdesham, great script thx!!

Any chance you could work on a script that could index chromes history?? That is something i would really love to see :D :D

bdesham

Post by bdesham » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 am

launcher01 wrote:Any chance you could work on a script that could index chromes history?? That is something i would really love to see :D :D

Done. Check the GitHub page for information.

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by manfred » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:22 am

I'm happy to announce: LaunchBar 5.1 beta 1 adds support for Google Chrome (Bookmarks & History).

teedoff087

Post by teedoff087 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

THANK YOU! Such a timesaver. I was getting tired of having to hit CMD+Y in Chrome to find history items (typing them into the omnibar didn't work so well either).

studentism

Post by studentism » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 am

manfred wrote:I'm happy to announce: LaunchBar 5.1 beta 1 adds support for Google Chrome (Bookmarks & History).

Is there any chance this functionality can be extended to Chromium, even in an experimental & unsupported manner?

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 am

studentism wrote:Is there any chance this functionality can be extended to Chromium, even in an experimental & unsupported manner?

Yes ;-)