Snow Leopard-LB5rc4 Services

General discussions about LaunchBar
wmprice

Snow Leopard-LB5rc4 Services

Post by wmprice » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:36 am

After upgrading to Snow Leopard and LB5rc4, I am having issues with sending text or anything else to Services. When I initially installed rc4, all the services listed in my Keyboard Shortcuts section suddenly appeared in both English, and what I assume to be Spanish. I was able to eliminate this by removing all other languages from my system and logging out and logging back in. The services displayed in Keyboard shortcuts returned to English and the Spanish entries were removed.

Prior to Snow Leopard, using LB5 I could hide the LB dock icon and sending text or whatever to services worked fine. However, with rc4, this doesn't seem to work anymore unless I have the dock icon enabled and LB does not run in the background. Also, I seem to have to enable/disable a service a few times and restart LB to get this functionality to work. Also, the Email with Attachment service doesn't appear to work any longer no matter what I do (I assume this service replaced the older Email with File from the previous version.

I didn't notice anything in the release notes regarding these issues so what I am wondering is this just a bi-product of the redesigned services in Snow Leopard, or is this just currently a bug in rc4?

xenizo

Re: Snow Leopard-LB5rc4 Services

Post by xenizo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Same setup...Snow Leopard and LB5rc4.

I too was having trouble with Services not all being available...specifically I was looking for the Scrivener Append.. and Create New Clipping... services. After reading your post, I re-activated the dock icon and there they were. Following that, I deactivated the dock icon again, and the Services for Scrivener are still visible... but they don't work.

Hopefully this is a bug that can be fixed, because I prefer not to have LaunchBar sitting in my dock.

boagworld

Post by boagworld » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 am

I seem to be having a similar problem. I am new to Launchbar and bought it specifically because it works with services. However, a service which works perfectly well from the finder will not work when triggered from Launchbar 5 under snow leopard.

I have followed your advice with no success. Any more ideas?

boagworld

Post by boagworld » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 am

Ah it would appear that the problem is limited to services that are run on files and folders. Maybe a problem with the new finder in snow leopard?

wmprice

Post by wmprice » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Yeah, that would be my bet.

I filed a bug report with this and this annoying issue I have where the services index will be empty every time I relaunch launchbar.

majormauser2

Post by majormauser2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:06 pm

I also have an issue with the SL 10.6 service menu appearing above the LB service menu. I also have the invisible services

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 am

These Services related issued should now be resolved in the final version of LaunchBar 5.

matthias
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by matthias » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:53 pm

norbert wrote:These Services related issued should now be resolved in the final version of LaunchBar 5.

Hi Norbert.

i am experiencing the empty services menu from time to time on my system (10.6.3 with LB 5.03). i also tried the nightly build - same problem. funny thing - after a certain time (from 5min to 15min) everything is back to normal.

But it is really annoying...

Any chance you can help? Thanks
Matthias