Desired: Integration with del.icio.us Firefox extension

General discussions about LaunchBar
yorkio

Re: Desired: Integration with del.icio.us Firefox extension

Post by yorkio » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 pm

No luck here, I'm afraid - I'm just creating an empty html file. When I try the terminal command, I'm getting the following:

Last login: Sun Apr 19 08:38:57 on console
curl https://my username here:and my password here@api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all | xsltproc ~/Library/Application\ Support/LaunchBar/delicious.xsl - >~/Library/Application\ Support/LaunchBar/delicious.html
redline:~ redline$ curl https://my username here:and my password here@api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/all | xsltproc ~/Library/Application\ Support/LaunchBar/delicious.xsl - >~/Library/Application\ Support/LaunchBar/delicious.html
/Users/redline/Library/Application%20Support/LaunchBar/delicious.xsl:1: parser error : XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^
cannot parse /Users/redline/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/delicious.xsl
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 16022 0 16022 0 0 1790 0 --:--:-- 0:00:08 --:--:-- 13340
curl: (23) Failed writing body

Any suggestions? I changed it to point to the new Launchbar folder instead of the old Launchbar 4 folder. Is that what's wrong? I'm sure I must be doing something dumb here…

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jono » Mon May 11, 2009 11:02 am

I think it's stopped updating new bookmarks on Delicious. I'm only seeing the older ones.
Has anyone else found this too?

clubvulgar

Post by clubvulgar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:57 am

I'm a recent QS to LB convert.

Having the exact same problem as Yorkio above ^. Would anyone be able to offer a solution? Thank you!

trashman

Post by trashman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:40 am

For years I've been hoping that LaunchBar would implement social bookmark support and triggers. Until then it just can't compete with Quicksilver. A shame, given that LaunchBar is so nicely designed otherwise.

dogboi

Post by dogboi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 am

I don't have enough Applescript-Fu to accomplish this (at least not yet, I'm just learning Applescript this year), but an idea occurred to me.

I've have Webnote Happy and DeliBar. Webnote Happy stores its bookmarks in a SQLite database. Not sure if it is password protected or not. I'm going to have a go at that at a later date. But Delibar stores all of the delicious bookmarks and tags in an XML file. It should be possible to set up an AppleScript to convert this to an HTML file that can be indexed by Launchbar. I'm sure that cron (or launchd I guess. Still not too sure on that) could be used to make that happen on a regular basis (once every 15 minutes or so?)

There's also Pukka and Cocoalicious. I'm not sure how they store locally, if at all. Might be worth looking into.

So, those of you with Applescript knowledge: Would that work? Of course, it is only a solution if you own Delibar.