Category from file extension

General discussions about LaunchBar
lrivers

Category from file extension

Post by lrivers » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:31 pm

I would like to use LB to find all the files with the file extension "sql", regardless of file type or creator (which could be almost anything since it's just a text file). Is there a way to create a custom category thus?

lrivers

Re: Category from file extension

Post by lrivers » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Hello…

tap…tap…tap

Is this thing on?

AmberV

Post by AmberV » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Yes, tap tap indeed. I'd be interested in this as well as I deal quite a lot in text files. I'd love to be able to break that up into smaller chunks that are actually useful.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Fri May 01, 2009 12:02 am

lrivers wrote:I would like to use LB to find all the files with the file extension "sql", regardless of file type or creator (which could be almost anything since it's just a text file). Is there a way to create a custom category thus?

Please select one of your .sql files in LaunchBar's index window and press Command-I to open the Info drawer. What "Kind" is displayed for this file?

AmberV

Post by AmberV » Sat May 16, 2009 9:50 pm

I get "SQL Source", but like "Markdown Document" and "TeX Document", these do not seem to be registered in such a way that they show up in Categories (would be lovely if they did). I suspect there is probably a way of manually creating types in the Spotlight engine? If there is a way of doing that, it would solve the problem indirectly.