Notification of file transfer completion.

General discussions about LaunchBar
AmberV

Notification of file transfer completion.

Post by AmberV » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:15 pm

It looks like the new version of LB is forking threads for file transfer and eject. Particularly with eject, this is nice because Leopard kind of broke that somehow for me. It worked, but took ages when instigating from LB. Anyway, I used to rely upon LB's refusal to dismiss itself as an indicator of when a file copy or move was complete. As I said, it looks threaded now in that once you start a transfer you can immediately go on to do other things. A side-effect of this is that, particularly with very large transfers, there is no good way of knowing when the operating is complete. I have on a few occasions ended up with incomplete data transfers as a result. Now I am more careful to give it time, but I was wondering if it would be possible to utilise Growl, or even beeps or single-bounces to indicate completion. Growl would be best, because then which thread completed could be indicated.

indiepants

Re: Notification of file transfer completion.

Post by indiepants » Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 am

YES! I have stopped using LB for transfer of large files because there is no way to know how things are progressing or when it's done.

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jono » Mon May 11, 2009 11:03 am

Yea, this has been requested before. It's really needed I think.

beejay
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by beejay » Tue May 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Agreed. Growl would be fine with me, although I'd prefer some kind of progress bar controlled by Launchbar...