Launchbar says will drag, then doesn't

General discussions about LaunchBar
fearmore

Launchbar says will drag, then doesn't

Post by fearmore » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 am

I'm a new user, and I can't make Launchbar drag a file from one folder to another, even though it tells me that's what it is about to do.

I select a file in Finder, invoke Launchbar (Cmd-space), find the folder to which I wish to move the file (e.g., des for Desktop), Tab (to select Finder), right arrow (to invoke Finder actions), then navigate to (for example) the Desktop, and I get an option to Move, Copy, etc. I select Move, and Launchbar says "Drag to Desktop". I hit Return.

Nothing happens. Though Launchbar said it was going to Drag to Desktop, it doesn't. I get the same effect for any other target folder.

What is wrong?

Thanks for your help!

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ludwigschubert » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:18 pm

If you want to drag the file you had selected in Finder, you should Instant-Send it to LaunchBar by pressing your shortcut (cmd-space) and holding it.
Then you can find the directory you want to drag it to by searching or browsing, hit enter to get your selection of actions and choose the one you want.

Unfortunately I don't really find any extensive documentation on this, so feel free to ask if you need step-by-step instructions.

regards,
Ludwig

fearmore

Post by fearmore » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 am

ludwigschubert wrote:If you want to drag the file you had selected in Finder, you should Instant-Send it to LaunchBar by pressing your shortcut (cmd-space) and holding it.
Then you can find the directory you want to drag it to by searching or browsing, hit enter to get your selection of actions and choose the one you want.

Unfortunately I don't really find any extensive documentation on this, so feel free to ask if you need step-by-step instructions.

regards,
Ludwig

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, but I'm missing something here, and cannot get this to work. Could you provide a bit more detail in the sequence, please?
Fearmore