Desired: Faster app switching

General discussions about LaunchBar
jwiegley

Desired: Faster app switching

Post by jwiegley » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 am

When I hit Cmd-Space-Space, something I'd like is the ability to hit just one or two more keys -- and have it select whichever app in the list matches those keys. So, Cmd-Space-Space-T would take me to TextMate, for example.

John

AmberV

Post by AmberV » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:11 am

The would run into problems where names used action letters, such as ⌘I, which is used to Get Info on a running application from that mode. How about numbers? Number the list visibly and have that number go straight to the entry. When you let go of ⌘, it activates.

jwiegley

Post by jwiegley » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:52 am

Numbers run the problem that they'd be constantly changing, and thus I'd have to read the list every time.

About ?I: I would happily give it up once Cmd-Space-Space had been pressed, since within that list my only interest is in app switching.

John

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Desired: Faster app switching

Post by norbert » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:11 pm

jwiegley wrote:When I hit Cmd-Space-Space, something I'd like is the ability to hit just one or two more keys -- and have it select whichever app in the list matches those keys. So, Cmd-Space-Space-T would take me to TextMate, for example.

Try this: Type Command-Space/Space and tap the Option key before releasing the Command key. This will make the list of running apps sub-searchable, so you can type a few letters to narrow down your search.

Alternatively, you can also type Command-Space/R to get a sub-searchable list of running apps.

jwiegley

Post by jwiegley » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:42 am

I know about Cmd-Space Cmd-R. As for: Cmd-Space-Space-Opt-LETTER, come on. I said Faster App switching, not keyboard apoplexia!! :)

John