LB 5 services indexing rules

General discussions about LaunchBar
MatzeMumpitz
Rank 1
Rank 1

LB 5 services indexing rules

Post by MatzeMumpitz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Wow! LB 5 is full of new outstanding features! Thank you! This seems to be a huge upgrade and I am happy to pay for this, when the final version is been released.

The services indexing rules were one of my wishes. Brilliant, that you brought this to the new version.

BUT they somehow don't have any effect on the sent text.
When I e.g. try to clip a text to a notebook I send the selected text to launchbar and then choose a clip via indexing. Nothing happens.
Am I doing sth wrong?

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: LB 5 services indexing rules

Post by ludwigschubert » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 pm

MatzeMumpitz wrote:When I e.g. try to clip a text to a notebook I send the selected text to launchbar and then choose a clip via indexing. Nothing happens.
Am I doing sth wrong?

What do you mean by "choose a clip via indexing"?

This might be a service with operates on the selected text only.
So you'll just have to select the text and then 'execute' the service in LaunchBar.

MatzeMumpitz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MatzeMumpitz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Ludwig,

I thought one has to act like searching for sth via the google index for example. Select, Instant Send, google, return.
Neither this nor your solution works.

Hab einen Text in Nisus Writer Pro ausgewählt, dann per COM Space einen Notebook Clip Service aufgerufen und Return. Kein Ergebnis.

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ludwigschubert » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Services aren't broken in general, for example the "Look up in Dictionary" Service works via instant send, as expected.

Have you tried the service from another program or another service from Nisus Writer Pro?

MatzeMumpitz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MatzeMumpitz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes, the NWP service "New Document With Selection" neither works and those clip services from CPs Notebook don't work when having selected text in Omniweb or Mail or any other Cocoa program

Edit: It works like a charm in Leopard! NWP Services as well as Notebook Services!