Page 1 of 1

Tutorials, tips??

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:40 pm
by jem
Does anyone have links to tutorials, tips etc?

I'm new to LaunchBar and I'm just using the basic features but would like to learn more

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:00 pm
by Dennis
The best source of information is the LaunchBar Help file under Help -> LaunchBar Help. There's so much good info in there that you should read it end-to-end! ;-)

There are also a couple of screencasts available online. They were made for LaunchBar 4 but they still mostly apply to LaunchBar 5 as well. I provided links to them in this earlier post:

http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?p=7013&highlight=#7013


Hope that helps.

-Dennis

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:31 pm
by jem
Dennis wrote:The best source of information is the LaunchBar Help file under Help -> LaunchBar Help. There's so much good info in there that you should read it end-to-end! ;-)


True ... but I hate reading on-screen and there doesn't seem to be a PDF version available.

Dennis wrote:There are also a couple of screencasts available online. They were made for LaunchBar 4 but they still mostly apply to LaunchBar 5 as well. I provided links to them in this earlier post:
http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?p=7013&highlight=#7013


Thanks, I'll check them out.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm
by sjk
jem wrote:but I hate reading on-screen and there doesn't seem to be a PDF version available.

Related topic: LaunchBar Help in PDF format

I'll check them out.

From my post:

In general, especially after the LB5 beta announcement, I've been looking for examples of how people take advantage of capabilities beyond simple app launching (duh) and ideas previously gathered from the Usage Examples page (which obviously doesn't include LB5 tips yet). But I don't have much time/patience to comb old forums posts for them (who does?), which is where I'm sure some of 'em are buried.