Custom categories in LB5

General discussions about LaunchBar
lrivers

Custom categories in LB5

Post by lrivers » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm a recent convert to LB. THis new version rocks my world.

However, there are some things I'm having trouble figuring out.

For example, BBEdit has a file called a Project (.bbproject) and I'd REALLY like to be able to find those files by name.

Is there a way to add a custom category or something?

Dennis
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dennis » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:53 am

LaunchBar works with BBEdit project files like any other types of files. You just have to make sure your BBEdit projects are actually located someplace that LaunchBar indexes.

By default, LaunchBar does not index your entire Documents folder (I think it only scans the top level by default). If your BBEdit project files are located deeper than the top level, it won't be able to find them until you tell LaunchBar to scan deeper or add specific BBEdit project files to the index manually.

The easiest way to add your BBEdit projects is to select the folder containing them in the Finder and drag it into the sidebar of LaunchBar's index window.

-Dennis

PS - After thinking about this more, it occurred to me that maybe you mean doing a LaunchBar sub-search on the contents of a BBEdit project rather than on the name of the project itself. If that's what you're looking for, the answer is no. LaunchBar does not index the contents of BBEdit project file. However, you could add all the files and folders in the project to LaunchBar's index and achieve a similar effect.

lrivers

Post by lrivers » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Dennis wrote:<snip>
PS - After thinking about this more, it occurred to me that maybe you mean doing a LaunchBar sub-search on the contents of a BBEdit project rather than on the name of the project itself. If that's what you're looking for, the answer is no. LaunchBar does not index the contents of BBEdit project file. However, you could add all the files and folders in the project to LaunchBar's index and achieve a similar effect.

No, not this, the first, (snipped), part.

Thanks!