Page 1 of 1
Feat. Req.: Autohide & modifier/shortcut keys
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:17 pm
1. the autohide feature needs work properly and promptly. right now, it doesn't autohide after running a script, and overall it can often hang before hiding while apps are being launched.
2. being able to hide launchbar with the same short cut key used to show launchbar
3. more options for launchbar shortcut keys, option + spacebar, and what I'd really like to see, double taps of specified modifier keys, such as a quick double tap of Shift key, or of the fn key would call up launchbar
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 am
1. LaunchBar only auto-hides after running a script if you use Shift-Return. Otherwise, it will not hide at all unless the script itself switches to another application.
2. Cmd-Space, while LaunchBar is running, is used to restart your search (for example, to get out of a sub-search). Use Cmd-Period if you want to terminate input, hide LaunchBar, and return to your previous application.
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:42 am
Does anyone else have LaunchBar auto-hide after getting the selected file in Finder or Path Finder? It seems to happen most of the time for me. The file will select in LB and then auto-hide rapidly. Rarely it will stick and let me manipulate the file, so I am assuming that it is supposed to work this way all of the time.
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:57 am
Amber (and hello, I know you from literatureandlatte!),
Do you mean that it hides after you press ?Space followed by ?G? That has never happened to me before.
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:24 pm
Hey, fellow Scriv!
I forgot the default shortcut for the service Send to LaunchBar because I had to re-assign it. Path Finder used the default. Anyway it is Cmd-Shift-B for me, which should send the current Path Finder selection to LaunchBar and let me then do what I will with the selected file. I tested it in Finder too, to see if it was a Path Finder thing, but the same inconsistent behaviour shows up in Finder. Sometimes it will auto-hide, and I have to Cmd-Space after pressing Cmd-Shift-B, other times it will stick and I can just go immediately to pressing Tab or whatever I want to do with the file.
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:31 am
Just tried it and no, I'm not seeing that behavior here (and I have Path Finder also).