Oct. 7th = 6 months w/o new release...

General discussions about LaunchBar
adman635

Oct. 7th = 6 months w/o new release...

Post by adman635 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Oct. 7th is the 6-month mark of the last significant update of Launchbar. That'll be a depressing moment... half a year without any substantial new features from my favorite application.

:cry:

FredSmith
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Oct. 7th = 6 months w/o new release...

Post by FredSmith » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:21 pm

adman635 wrote:Oct. 7th is the 6-month mark of the last significant update of Launchbar. That'll be a depressing moment... half a year without any substantial new features from my favorite application.

Well from what I read on the Quicksilver forum, its developer is working on a new version written from scratch ... I reckon we'll see a new version of Launchbar round about the same time that QS2(?) is released ... ;-)

In the meantime, I'm a bit loath to add any more suggestions ....

matthias
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Oct. 7th = 6 months w/o new release...

Post by matthias » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:32 pm

adman635 wrote:Oct. 7th is the 6-month mark of the last significant update of Launchbar. That'll be a depressing moment... half a year without any substantial new features from my favorite application.

Yeah - since i bought launchbar there were no new updates....

veke
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by veke » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:26 am

Well, I'm not complaning! I use LB more than any other application on my Macs and I would estimate it saves me about an hour of work a week ATLEAST. Any new features are ofcourse welcome, but I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to complain about it's current state. It's one of the most well designed applications on our plattform. If it was to never be updated again, I would still use it each and every day.