Update anytime soon?

General discussions about LaunchBar
adman635

Update anytime soon?

Post by adman635 » Wed May 21, 2008 9:15 am

Does anyone know if we are we likely to see an update anytime soon? I feel like there's been no word from the developer, nothing under the nightly builds, or any sort of news in awhile? It's been about a month and a half since 4.3.7. Is it usual to wait this long for word from the developers? I'd hate to see LB go down the QS path of losing interest from the home front, especially with such a growing following.

FredSmith
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Update anytime soon?

Post by FredSmith » Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 am

adman635 wrote:Does anyone know if we are we likely to see an update anytime soon? I feel like there's been no word from the developer, nothing under the nightly builds, or any sort of news in awhile? It's been about a month and a half since 4.3.7. Is it usual to wait this long for word from the developers? I'd hate to see LB go down the QS path of losing interest from the home front, especially with such a growing following.

I read that QS is still under development.

Some fella has taken over the old code base, managed to shave down the hideous resource requirements and fixed a load of long-standing bugs.

And meanwhile, there seems to be another Quicksilver framework being built from scratch, by the original creator. No idea when or if that will be finished though.

But didn't we have a 4.3.7 release not so long ago? Six weeks doesn't sound that long to me.