iTunes Library not recognized

General discussions about LaunchBar
cgnaughton

iTunes Library not recognized

Post by cgnaughton » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:19 pm

I just downloaded and installed LB 4.2 beta 2 and my itunes library is not recognized. It is in its default location, however when I run the index, no songs appear.

yasny_jp

Post by yasny_jp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 am

Not sure if this will help (it's kind of late), but for my iTunes collection there are two important files, "iTunes Library" and "iTunes Library.xml" that are in the ~/Music/iTunes folder. On my system, I need to copy the "iTunes Library.xml" to "iTunes Music Library.xml" and then LaunchBar will see my songs.

I've emailed ObDev about this and they acknowledged it but so far it doesn't seem like they have done anything.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 pm

We've found the cause of this issue, and we hope to be able to provide a fixed version soon.

adman635

Post by adman635 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:23 am

On this note, I'm running the latest nightly build.

What'll happen is if I have iTunes running when my external hard rive (where all my music is saved) is not connected, iTunes sets the library back to it's default location. At this point, Launchbar will give me an error that my tracks aren't found. When my drive is connected, I need to restart iTunes to tell it to go find the library on the external drive. After doing that, Launchbar will recognize and find all of my tracks. If I don't restart iTunes, Launchbar is still looking at the old library (the local default location) and thus gives me errors, even when my drive is plugged in.

A simple restart of iTunes is all it takes - now if only there was some way to automate the restarting of iTunes after my external drive was plugged in... any ideas? Can this be done w/Applescript? Where would I start?

Louije

No iTunes either

Post by Louije » Tue May 27, 2008 3:24 am

Hi,

I have the same problem as cgnaughton. I'm running the last version as of now - Version 4.3.7 (v567). Has this issue been fixed yet? I only noticed it recently, so I thought this could be a new problem. If it is the same one, my apologies for posting a duplicate report.

Symptom:

iTunes Library rule does not return any item.

System:

Late 2007 MacBook Pro (the last one before the multitouch ones), Mac OS X 10.5.2, set in French.

Related info:

The iTunes Artwork screen saver doesn't recognize my iTunes Library either. Weird.

What I've tried:

Renaming / soft linking the XML library file to match previous names, such as was proposed earlier in this thread. Reinstalling LaunchBar (mine is hacked with the LSUIElement trick, so it might have been a code signing issue - I don't know if LB is signed, and it seems dubious that polling iTunes is a security issue, but you never know). Tried with a new configuration (moved my App Support/LB4 folder) and new preferences.

But to no avail.

Thanks for your support!