Feature Request: Train open with menu

General discussions about LaunchBar
david

Feature Request: Train open with menu

Post by david » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:17 am

I am a video editor, and I have to open certain kinds of files in several different applications, many, many times a day. LB's open with feature is a life saver for me. However it puts the default open with application (as set in Finder info window) first, and then all other applications that handle that file in alphabetical order.

It sure would be nice if LB's training smarts worked in this context, i.e. it notices I open .mov's in QT player most often, but also in Squeeze and Compressor quite a bit, and puts those at the top. It would also pick up on applications that I use to open files that are not known by LB to be "suitable".

Of course I can type my shortcut for each application and it will back out of that menu and look at all applications, which works fine, but it requires me to think too hard. I would much rather my top choices be at the top of the list in front of my face. When I am burned out after a few 18 hour crunch days I can barely spell my own name much remember the first two letters of that one application, you know that one to compress video uhhh . . .

Thanks for a great utility, 4.2 looks like it is going to be awsome!

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:02 am

There are some nice improvements planned in this regard.