I often find myself doing extended calculations, and wanting to document the workings (say in an email).
My process often looks like this:
- invoke the calculator `cmd-space, =`
- type sum
- select all, copy
- enter, `shift-enter` to paste answer
- cursor back to before answer, paste the equation from the clipboard
If there is a comparison involved (another version of the calculation):
- invoke the calculator again
- paste the equation, edit it
- repeat the copy paste routine
This would be much easier for me with two features (in the scope of the calculator):
- `cmd-enter` to paste the equation _and_ the answer, eg: `1+1=2`
- keep a history of equations (very like a sandboxed clipboard), allowing me to re-select recent equations...
Fingers crossed it fits with your vision - I'd love a bit more leverage with calculations!
Thanks for reading! ptim
(I do own Soulver.app, but love Launchbar, would rather not open another app)
General discussions about LaunchBar
1 post • Page 1 of 1