Optima

General discussions about LaunchBar
anpucarbuile

Optima

Post by anpucarbuile » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:16 pm

"LaunchBar[419] Internal error: abbreviation font "Optima-Regular" not found"

Anyone got any idea why this message is displayed in Console whenever I launch Launchbar 4.3?

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Yes ;-)

Post by ludwigschubert » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:18 pm

The message is displayed because LaunchBar can't find a specific font on your machine that it needs to display your entered abbreviations.

To see if the font really is missing you should open "Font Book" in your /Applications folder.
Scroll the list down ro 'O' and look for Optima. Click the expanding triangle left to the name Optima and you should see several font weights, including regular.
I uploaded a picture to illustrate my point(errr... rather big :oops: sorry):
If that font is missing you need to reinstall it from your install CD (It's a system font).

If the font isn't missing, make sure all 'collections'(on the left side of Font Book) are enabled.

If nothing helps it's a bug and you should file a support request
here.

sincerely,
Ludwig

anpucarbuile

Post by anpucarbuile » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks Ludwig. Do you know if it is possible to change the font that Launchbar uses from Optima to something else e.g. Lucida?

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ludwigschubert » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:02 pm

No, I don't :(
If for some reason you can't reinstall Optima regular I don't think I can help you - the .nib files won't open in my Version of InterfaceBuilder and there certainly is no official option to change it.
You can ask Objective Development about it, but I doubt they'll be able to help you:
just reinstall Optima :?

greetings,
Ludwig

PS: Just out of pure curiosity: Why can't you reinstall Optima? I just can't think of why it would be bad…

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 pm

ludwigschubert wrote:PS: Just out of pure curiosity: Why can't you reinstall Optima? I just can't think of why it would be bad…

I like to run a minimal number of dfonts, preferring to use PostScript and OpenType fonts with a font manager.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:11 pm

There's no need to worry about the Console message. If LaunchBar can't find the Optima font (which is used for abbreviation display only) it logs a message and uses the system font (Lucida Grande) instead.