LB only copys last item to clipboard history

General discussions about LaunchBar
ernstMreicher

LB only copys last item to clipboard history

Post by ernstMreicher » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Since the last weeks I notice that whenever I copy multiple items only the last one is in the clipboard history?!?!?!

mot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: LB only copys last item to clipboard history

Post by mot » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:51 am

The obvious first: Clipboard History is enabled?

Screenshot 2017-01-13 Fri 23.33.08-pty-fs8.png
Screenshot 2017-01-13 Fri 23.33.08-pty-fs8.png (19.83 KiB) Viewed 12441 times

What do you mean with “I copy multiple items”?

The system clipboard holds one item. That’s it. That one item may consist of, for example a non-contiguous selection, but it is still “one” item. Copying/pasting inside one application is another thing, but that’s not the thing LB is connecting to. AFAIK LB gives you the history of the system clipboard, but not of any app-specific clipboard.

If you’re simply talking of LB forgetting the CB history, I cannot confirm that.

– Tom

ernstMreicher

Post by ernstMreicher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi mot,
CB history in LB is enabled ;-)
As I used to do was: copy several things with the copy command (select - copy, select - copy and so on) so I filled the LBs CB history with multiple entries - e.g. name items, address items, etc.
Then go to another app and paste one by one in specific fields.
That´s what I thought is LBs CB history feature for.
But as I told since some versions this doesn't´t work.
Whenever I copy two or more xy (don´t know the exact word - obviously items is not the correct terminus), only the last one is in LBs CB history.
???????

mot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mot » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:23 pm

As said, LB’s CB history is working fine here.

I assume you have this problem with all apps, not just with one app that accidentally happens to be in the Clipboard History “Ignore Applications” list?

– Tom

ernstMreicher

Post by ernstMreicher » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Yes

“Ignore Applications” list not activated

jamiljonna

Post by jamiljonna » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:06 am

Is this ever going to be fixed? The OP is entirely correct after all, and at one point LB actually worked as you would expect in this regard. Specifically, the clipboard history would contain every object that was copied, whether it was pasted elsewhere or not.

Presently, a copied object is overwritten in history if it is not pasted anywhere as soon as a new object is copied. In other words, it only creates entries for pasted objects: this is a pasteboard, not a clipboard. If you want to copy discontinuous bits of text without using clip merge—i.e., when you want to paste multiple items into different spots—LB fails.

This is highly annoying and at this point, since it has been ignored for so long, I am seriously considering getting rid of LB altogether because the clipboard history is such an important feature.

Any answer from Devs about this?

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Greg Jones » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm

As a suggestion, you might want to try filing a support request directly with Objective Development. This is largely a user-to-user forum, thus they don't always reply to these threads. More importantly, your issue is not a universal problem with LaunchBar. Just like what @mot said above, I've never encountered this problem with LaunchBar. Just tested it again before posting here, and all my clips are in LB history, even though I didn't access or paste them anywhere.

invictus26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by invictus26 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:17 am

I'm also having this problem, and it seems to be a recent change. I notice it mostly in 1Password when I copy the username and password, and only one of them shows up in the history.

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Greg Jones » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 am

The issue in 1Password is quite possibly due to its clear clipboard function, which is set in the 1Password security preferences.

jamiljonna

Post by jamiljonna » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 pm

I figured out my issue. All I did was uncheck clipboard history, cleared the clipboard history, and then reenabled clipboard history. All is well now.

quinncom

Post by quinncom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:49 am

I've recently been having the same problem: copy different items in succession, and only the last item is listed in LB's clipboard history. It seemed if I copied "A", pasted "A", then copied "B", then "B" *would* be recorded in the history. Don't know exactly the behaviour, but it's been happening a lot and I thought I was going crazy.

Following the previous suggestion to clear clipboard history, then turn the clipboard history feature off then on again, did work for me – at least for now. I hope the developers recognize this as a bug and fix it. :cry: :cry:

sixdoublefive321

Post by sixdoublefive321 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 pm

You just dredged up a post from years back. Check this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11598&p=35427#p35427