Installing (and Uninstalling) Actions

General discussions about LaunchBar
vramasub

Installing (and Uninstalling) Actions

Post by vramasub » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm a little confused about how installing actions works. According to the Index/Actions window in Launchbar as well as numerous online sources, you should be able to add actions by just moving them into ~/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Actions, but that doesn't seem to work for me. Double clicking on a *.lbaction file correctly installs it, which involves copying it into that folder. So are the instructions to just copy to the Actions folder a holdover from earlier versions of LaunchBar that directly indexed that folder, and LaunchBar now does something additional? Are those instructions just wrong? Or am I just missing something?

And related to this, how would you uninstall actions? If installing just involved copying to the Actions folder then I would just delete, but it seems like LaunchBar is doing something else in addition to the copy somewhere in the background, so just deleting the file from that folder seems like it wouldn't work. I know there's a way to delete it from the LaunchBar Index window, but I'm assuming that's doing more than just trashing the files in the Actions folder... right?