Pasting URL direct from launchbar

General discussions about LaunchBar
adeloscope

Pasting URL direct from launchbar

Postby adeloscope » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:49 pm

Hey Everyone

Like many of you, I do a crazy amount of email, and I'm constantly searching for something in browser, copying the URL, and then pasting in email client. My dream is something like MixMax (chrome + gmail plugin), or the command+k shortcut in google docs (see below), which works in any applications.

My question - is there any way, using LaunchBar, to enter a google search term, see the top 10 results, choose one, and then paste that URL, without ever leaving LaunchBar?

Thanks for any help!

(PS - I understand that the example below is creating a hyperlink. It's just for illustration. I'm interested in pasting the actual URL in any context.)

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 1.46.26 PM.png

adeloscope

Re: Pasting URL direct from launchbar

Postby adeloscope » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Microphone check -
Can anyone tell me if this is impossible so I can stop tossing and turning at night ;)

Thanks for any help.

sridhar

Postby sridhar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:21 am

Not possible with the built-in features, as far as I know. Perhaps doable with a custom action.

skeskali

Postby skeskali » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:56 am

The only way I've been able to make this work in LaunchBar was to go into Safari History > Current Date and left arrow until you find the site you want. Then, once you find the site, down arrow to select the URL, then hit Command-C on your keyboard to copy the URL. With this many steps, it's no easier than copying the URL in your browser's address bar.

Glasco

Postby Glasco » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:33 pm

sridhar wrote:Not possible with the built-in features, as far as I know. Perhaps doable with a custom action.

I tried with a custom action but couldn't get that to work either so..

Return to “LaunchBar General”