Clipboard History problem - copied items not stored

General discussions about LaunchBar
line22

Clipboard History problem - copied items not stored

Postby line22 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi,

I have recently noticed a problem when copying two items one shortly after the other: the clipboard history only "captures" the second one, the first one is ignored.

It seems that Launchbar is taking too long to "register" the item in the clipboard history, and this is happening regardless of the actual clipboard history size or capacity.

I think it's a problem of time because if I copy a simple text and then hit the clipboard history shortcut immediately after, the copied text is not there yet.

This happens either with plain text or other item (files etc.), and is quite annoying because one of the uses I make of the clipboard history is to copy several snippets of text at once for later use. I'm 100% sure the application was behaving correctly up until recently.

I'm running LaunchBar 6.7.2 on OSX 10.10.5.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Marco

Was
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Clipboard History problem - copied items not stored

Postby Was » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Yes, I've had the same issues quite frequently with Launchbar, and have only noticed it happening over the past 6 months or so.

ernstMreicher

Postby ernstMreicher » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:17 pm

See the same problem here - MacOs 10.12.1 (16B2555)

lsievert

Postby lsievert » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Same issue, and also since just a few months ago. Does Launchbar interact badly with Copied? Or is it the Sierra "copy and paste between devices" that's causing the problem?

SmithJones

ClipMerge only saves a few clips - How to fix?

Postby SmithJones » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 am

Hello, all,

I often copy blocks of text from large documents on the web and paste them into Word or text documents to compile research for writing, and I thought ClipMerge would be really handy for that.

However, I find that, with no apparent rhyme or reason, ClipMerge will only add a handful (the number varies from maybe four to zero) of items to the clipboard.

In the Clipboard tab of LB Preferences, I checked the box next to "Enable Clipboard History," I set the Capacity to 100, I have the Action set to "Copy and Paste," and I have checked the box next to "Enable ClipMerge."

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Does ClipMerge work properly for you?

To test it, I made a MS Word document, and put the numerals

etc up to

on individual, separate lines, then hit Cmd-C on 1, Cmd-C Cmd-C on 2, Cmd-C Cmd-C on 3, etc.

But I only get the "clip" sound about 50% of the time, and when I do it on 20 lines, and then hit Cmd-V at the end, all I get is "20" ... in other words, all I get is the last item copied. Sometimes, however, with maybe three items, ClipMerge works as expected and advertised, so it's not that it never works; it's that it only works intermittently and unpredictably, which is arguably worse.

Help!

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

SJ

P.S.If it matters, I'm using LB 6.9.1 on a 2010 Mac Pro under Sierra 10.12.6

SmithJones

Postby SmithJones » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:00 am

Seeing the same thing here using LB 6.9.1 on Mac Pro (2010) under 10.12.6

To moderator(s): Sorry, I did actually search for this topic (by searching for "ClipMerge") before starting a new thread on it today ... and before seeing this thread. Please merge or delete my other thread if necessary with my apologies.

SmithJones

Postby SmithJones » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Just tried copying one item and then appending nine more items with ClipMerge on my Macbook Air 7,2 under Sierra 10.12.6 and got the following behavior:

1. The first time I tried it, I didn't get the "clip" sound until the 3rd or 5th clip, and when I got to the seventh clip, MS Word crashed.
2. The second time I tried it, I only got the "clip" sound on the 5th, 7th and 10th clippings, and when I went to paste the result, only the 9th and 10th items were on the clipboard.

For whatever it's worth, hope this helps. Thank you.

Return to “LaunchBar General”