Launch Bar and macOS Sierra

General discussions about LaunchBar
Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Launch Bar and macOS Sierra

Postby Walter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:14 pm

I have Launch Bar 6.7.2 set to launch at start up in macOS Sierra however it does not follow that command.

Any one else with that headache ?

( i also forget, does this forum reply directly or do i have to come back myself ?

raguay
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Launch Bar and macOS Sierra

Postby raguay » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:14 am

Launchbar hangs for me as well on macOS X Siera. Randomly on launching, it just sits there in front of everything. After several MINUTES, it comes back and launches the last thing I had done. Therefore, I am using it less and less.

Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Walter » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:03 pm

And now, i am getting a nag message that Launch Bar does not get along with 1Password. Integration with third party application gets shut off in 1Password because i am using Launch Bar.

raguay
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby raguay » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:25 am

Well, I've been able to get Launchbar to behave better by removing all directory scanning. So, I'm just using it for the actions right now.

teaman

Postby teaman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:56 am

I too have had trouble with Launchbar 6.7.2 ever since I upgraded to Mac OS Sierra (10.12.x). Each time I unlock the screen and try the Cmd-Spacebar to open it and start typing, it acts like Lauchbar is still asleep. The command line prompt appears right away but typing and getting a response to what I type or enter is like super slow to respond. I don't know what it is doing but I have to wait for 20-40 sec, maybe longer (haven't timed it). It appears to occur only the first time per session, like it's doing a quick indexing or something. It used to be so fast and responsive but this first time after a computer display sleep is not acceptable for me.

BTW, I leave the computer powered up all the time and the hard drive on all the time. The display I sleep after 15 min or so with screen lock.

gregorymcnamee

Postby gregorymcnamee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:39 pm

I've been having the same trouble since upgrading to Sierra. LaunchBar hangs for at least a minute on being invoked with Cmd-Spacebar. Once it gets going, it behaves as before, but it's just that first time around that's frustrating. A fix, please!

Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Walter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:02 pm

I have put myLaunch Bar on a strict diet.

It seems that my Launch Bar was bloated with items i rarely call for thru Launch Bar.

By going to Launch Bar Index i have removed the indexing for example iTunes. I don't need to type in the name of a iTunes song and have it played. Also removed the indexing of my Photo Library. Also disabled my desktop items and selectively my Dock items. There were many other items that i simply disabled.

Therefor as one of the other users noted above I'm just using it for the actions i always work with such as launching applications

For me that seemed to solve the problem at this time.

Swordsman

Postby Swordsman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Indeed, LaunchBar is behaving oddly when invoked at first. For me, it will stall without a beachball indicator when I enter more than two characters to utilize. It does this even after I 'put it on a diet' as another poster put it. Removing and recreating the .plist does nothing to prevent this behavior.

Walter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Walter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:55 am

Swordsman,

i have discovered that in macOS Sierra sometimes a re-install of any bad acting applications solves the problem and then sometimes not.

Regardless, macOS Sierra has become a huge pain in the studio although since the most recent update to macOS Sierra things are much better. I sure wish Apple would get rid of that " gatekeeper " . ( excuse my rant )

Doug C

Postby Doug C » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Just started using LaunchBar 6.7.2 a few days ago. You are right about it not working well in macOS Sierra. I get bunches of spinning beach balls. Several of my Apps have lost their passwords. Before installing LaunchBar no problems. I have stopped using LaunchBar for now and all my SBBOD problems are gone. I don't think the problem is Sierra, it was working fine for me. Just have to wait for a fix to LaunchBar.

mrcmrc

Postby mrcmrc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Any news for this problem? Any time I invoke LB with cmd-bar there is a huge delay, this render the application pretty useless... :(

Return to “LaunchBar General”