Can't open Clipboard history by typing "cli"

General discussions about LaunchBar
MacDoktor

Can't open Clipboard history by typing "cli"

Post by MacDoktor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:01 am

Up until today I could get to the Clipboard History by invoking LaunchBar (5.6.4) and typing "cli". Now the Clipboard History doesn't show up in the list at all. I suspect I may have accidentally turned something off in the Index. How do I get it back? :(

Note that the Clipboard History is still working just fine. The default hotkey brings it up (after disabling the one in 1Password). But I prefer doing it the old way.
Last edited by MacDoktor on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Can't open Clipboard history by typing "cli"

Post by Greg Jones » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:35 am

You can manually assign an abbreviation-activate LaunchBar and type as much of 'clipboardhistory' as needed to make it appear in the list. Right click on its icon and select Assign Abbreviation... to set it to 'cli'.

MacDoktor

Post by MacDoktor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:39 pm

That's just it. I used to come up near the top of the list when I typed "cl" or "cli". All it took was those first few characters, I didn't have to type anything more. But now all that comes up is "ClipGrab" and lots of other stuff. "ClipBoard History" doesn't appear in the list no matter what I type. It just suddenly stopped working yesterday and I did spend some time pruning the Index, disabling things that I didn't need, right before this began.

I've gone through the Index again, searching for something related to this but I can't find anything.

I suppose I could always delete the existing index and start all over again... :(

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Greg Jones » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:00 pm

The Clipboard History is one of the built-in actions in LaunchBar's Index, so I'd check to see that it hasn't been disabled there.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 3.59.55 PM.png

MacDoktor

Post by MacDoktor » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:04 am

That was it. Many thanks. :D