I can't copy from calculator - what might be wrong?

General discussions about LaunchBar
drevicko

I can't copy from calculator - what might be wrong?

Postby drevicko » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm

I see on this forum that cmd-c should be able to copy calculator results. I can copy the formula I entered, but when I arrow-down or otherwise select the result (it gets highlighted), cmd-c results in an empty clipboard. What could be the problem?

drevicko

Re: I can't copy from calculator - what might be wrong?

Postby drevicko » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Ok, sometimes you need to explain a question to someone to realise you know the answer!

When you type a formula, the result is automatically shown. Nice feature. But... That result that's shown is not available for copy!!
If you want to copy it, you need to press enter (or something else of similar effect I guess). The result can then be copied. Also, older results can also be copied.

An unfortunate side effect: the formula you entered doesn't appear to be available for any more. Annoying if you have a series of similar calculations where you want to copy the result from each one. (as a workaround, I've put the formula in a text editor and can copy back into launchbar with minor adjustments each time).

mot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: I can't copy from calculator - what might be wrong?

Postby mot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:22 pm

When you type a formula, the result is automatically shown. Nice feature. But... That result that's shown is not available for copy!!
If you want to copy it, you need to press enter

Weird. I can copy the result with ⌘C, without hitting Return before. (If I want to copy the formula I have to do ⌘A ⌘C.)
But, what isn’t working for me either, is ⇧⌘C.

the formula you entered doesn't appear to be available for any more.

That depends on how you invoke the calculator. If you invoke it by starting to type a number in LB’s window then you are instantly overwriting the last formula. However, if you invoke the calculator with your shortcut (as set in the prefs), then the entry field is pre-populated with the last formula.

I’m using LB 6.8

– Tom

Return to “LaunchBar General”