Script to Implement QuickCursor?

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
akaman

Script to Implement QuickCursor?

Postby akaman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:30 pm

I'll admit, I haven't thought about this too deeply yet. I am hoping someone familiar with both KeyboardMaestro and LB could see if editing this script is reasonable.

Like the author of this webpage, I used QuickCursor back in the day. It was pretty handy and I miss it.

http://www.macstories.net/mac/replacing ... d-maestro/

Can LB help me with this, like KM?

From looking at the Github readme, it sounds like the script runs (waiting for editing app to quit) while you're editing. Maybe this is just a separate script process or would it somehow block or throw LB off?

TIA,
TF

raguay
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Script to Implement QuickCursor?

Postby raguay » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:16 am

Hi,

I have a basic Quick Edit for Launchbar. You can download it from my GitHub: https://github.com/raguay/MyLaunchBarActions

It is working for me. Let me know how it does for you.

Richard

maennig

Postby maennig » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks, Richard,

this is great! I also like your FoldingText related LB actions a lot.

Jens

raguay
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby raguay » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Jens,

I just added a new one to the git repo: "Quick Edit Clipboard". Use it to edit a selection of text. In the first application, select the text and copy to clipboard. Then run the "Quick Edit Clipboard", edit the text in the editor for Quick Edit, and then run the "Quick Edit Paste" to put it back into the original application.

I could not find a way to reliably tell if there was a selection to copy or just copy all. So, I split it up into separate actions so the user can decide. It still saves some steps.

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”