Filter by multiple tags

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
countdrachma

Filter by multiple tags

Post by countdrachma » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 am

Hi all. I can't seem to find a way to filter by multiple tags within Launchbar. I am currently using Alfred as I have a workflow that allows me to type multiple tags with a space in between and it filters results to only those files that contain all of the tags. Launchbar default behaviour doesn't allow for this as when you press the spacebar to add a second tag, it immediately just filters all results for the first tag only.

Is there a way for Launchbar to filter by multiple tags either by default or via an extension? I prefer Launchbar to Alfred but this is the one part of my workflow that is stopping me from making the transition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kastorff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Filter by multiple tags

Post by kastorff » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:45 am

Use the comma as a separator between your tags in the LaunchBar input window. Press return when you are ready to invoke the search.

ratty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ratty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:50 pm

kastorff wrote:Use the comma as a separator between your tags in the LaunchBar input window. Press return when you are ready to invoke the search.

Pressing enter after selecting multiple tags just selects the tag at which I pressed enter at. Am I missing something?

kastorff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kastorff » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:11 pm

ratty wrote:Pressing enter after selecting multiple tags just selects the tag at which I pressed enter at. Am I missing something?

It seems the behavior might have changed in 6.2. I was able to invoke a Finder search based on comma separated tags in 6.1, but the same approach now behaves differently. I need to explore the enhanced support of tags in 6.2.