I’ve written a little action to delete files/folders.
Installer and documentation:
Select items in the Finder or in LaunchBar and …
- Instantly delete the file
- Delete and securely overwrite (1× to 35×)
- Overwrite just the content, without deleting the file
- Delete only data fork
- Delete resource fork
- Delete all extended attributes
- Delete the metafiles .DS_Store and Icon?
- Delete empty folders
- Action can be used in two modes: 1) Only files (safer), or 2) also folders and recursive.
- Lists items before deletion and asks for confirmation
- After action / error report
Use with care!