[LB6 Action] Need Help Creating an action with children

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
palobo

[LB6 Action] Need Help Creating an action with children

Postby palobo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Hey guys and gals.

I decided to try my hand at creating an action to scratch an itch and hopefully learn along the way. I've managed to get relatively far, but now I'm stuck and need some help. Let me set the scene:

I've got a script that performs a search and returns some files (paths really). I've also managed to set the action and action argument to open said files with a specific app. Now I'd like to go one step further and offer users (i.e.: me) a little more choice. This is where I hit a wall. If I just use my default script, I can't press tab on the result to open it with any app of choice (when I select a result, it's only actionable with return). I then tried the suggestionsScript route, but that only passes the result to my default script.

What I would like is one of two options:

1. With the default script, press a modifier key and open with app A or app B if I use another or no modifier key;
2. Or, go the children route and show the file and list of pre-defined apps with which to open it. I'd like this one more, but am hitting a wall on how to implement it.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm using python for the scripts, but broad explanation will do, or even a similar action in another language would suffice.

Thanks in advance

palobo

Re: [LB6 Action] Need Help Creating an action with children

Postby palobo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Ok, so I finally decided to dedicate a little more time to this again. I've managed to create children already, but I can't navigate them with left/right arrow. I can only get into the child object when pressing enter. Any ideas why this would be?

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”