Forecast Weather Action

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
fostermatt

Re: Forecast Weather Action

Postby fostermatt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 am

I installed the Forecast.lbaction but it's still not showing up in my Actions for some reason. Any idea what to do next?

prenagha
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby prenagha » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:47 am

ttscoff wrote:Is it possible to return an item that accepts text input? Or is it really necessary to create a second action just to request an API key, etc.?

Sadly it really is necessary. You can see a pattern like that in the Pinboard action. I prefer to use AppleScript dialogs, which aren't elegant, but do keep you in the action and get the job done. I use them for the Settings items like setting the API key, country...

prenagha
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby prenagha » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:48 am

fostermatt wrote:I installed the Forecast.lbaction but it's still not showing up in my Actions for some reason.

Strange, never seen that. Action is signed so your setting there shouldn't matter. I'd try re-installing, make sure you "Ok" when LB asks you if its ok. And if still now showing up then look at the Index under Actions and see if you can find it, make sure it is checked.

nbjahan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby nbjahan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:10 am

ttscoff wrote:I ran into a question along the way. Is it possible to return an item that accepts text input? Or is it really necessary to create a second action just to request an API key, etc.?
Hey Brett nice to see you here. it's possible, check my approach to this:
https://github.com/nbjahan/launchbar-pinboard

fostermatt

Postby fostermatt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 am

prenagha wrote:
fostermatt wrote:I installed the Forecast.lbaction but it's still not showing up in my Actions for some reason.

Strange, never seen that. Action is signed so your setting there shouldn't matter. I'd try re-installing, make sure you "Ok" when LB asks you if its ok. And if still now showing up then look at the Index under Actions and see if you can find it, make sure it is checked.

I double click the lbaction file. It pops up the "Do you want to install..." dialog which I select Install. It then copies it to my Actions folder, but it never shows up in the Actions list. No idea why. Plenty of others work/install just fine.

prenagha
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby prenagha » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 am

fostermatt wrote:
prenagha wrote:

I double click the lbaction file. It pops up the "Do you want to install..." dialog which I select Install. It then copies it to my Actions folder, but it never shows up in the Actions list. No idea why. Plenty of others work/install just fine.

Odd, never seen anything like that. Sorry. Maybe LB support can help.

prenagha
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby prenagha » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:06 am

fostermatt wrote:
prenagha wrote:

Only idea I have is... do you have the 6.1 beta installed? I have a requires LB version of at least the 6.1 beta.

fostermatt

Postby fostermatt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:19 am

prenagha wrote:Only idea I have is... do you have the 6.1 beta installed? I have a requires LB version of at least the 6.1 beta.

Don't know how I didn't think of that. Running the nightly build now and all is right with the world! Thanks :D

prenagha
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby prenagha » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:57 pm

LB 6.1.1 fixes the missing icons from sub-items issue, so now you will see icons as you drill down into the forecast action results.
Found a few cases where the code was missing an icon.
Fixed those and released as version 3.1

http://prenagha.github.io/

prenagha
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby prenagha » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Made a few fixes. Added new languages as supported by forecast.io
Changed display of alert expiration to be a relative time

http://prenagha.github.io/launchbar/index.html

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”