[LB 6 Action] Actions to search in Evernote's notes

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
soniccat

[LB 6 Action] Actions to search in Evernote's notes

Postby soniccat » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:58 pm

There're two solutions. The first one is EvernoteSearchWithAppleScript.lbaction. It just works if you have Evernote.app but not as fas as the second script.

The another one is my experiment to make my own searching. I've decided to found an easy way to search Evernote's notes through LaunchBar. Sadly this solution has 2 steps. In the first you should run Evernote Export to export all Evernote's notes to /Users/<userName>/Library/Group Containers/<Number>.com.evernote.Evernote/Evernote/evernoteExport

To search through the exported notes you should run Evernote Search. It's useful for me. I hope for anybody else too.

Actions:
https://github.com/soniccat/LaunchBarActions

To install them, go to the github address above, click "Download ZIP" on the right side and double click the *.lbaction file you want to install.

Last edited by soniccat on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nosrac
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: [LB 6 Action] Actions to search in Evernote's notes

Postby Nosrac » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Useful, thanks

Nosrac
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby Nosrac » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:29 am

One suggestion to consider: Automatically running the export if it hasn't been run in the last week

soniccat

Postby soniccat » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:58 pm

I improved searching speed very much. To do this when you run a search/index/export action first time I run a ruby daemon process which keeps the index file of all your exported evernote notes in the memory. After a next export or index action I relaunch this daemon. But now it can be much harder to install my actions because they require additional ruby libraries. You should open the terminal and type:

Code: Select all

sudo gem install nokogiri && gem install daemons && gem install unicode_utils && gem install ruby-stemmer

Thanks for advice Nosrac, I'll think about. Not it will be much easier for me to implement.

Full documentation still can be found on my github page: https://github.com/soniccat/LaunchBarActions
Last edited by soniccat on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbucher1

Postby cbucher1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 pm

I haven't read much about it, but is it possible to use the same method Evernote is using with spotlight in Yosemite to allow Evernote notes to appear in Spotlight searches? Just a thought, if anybody knows more on the matter.

soniccat

Postby soniccat » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Now LaunchBar works with AppleScript well and I've written a simple alternative version of my script. It just works without any additional actions. Just type "Evernote Search With Apple Script" and the result will be almost the same. But the script won't work without Evernote.app.

New EvernoteSearchWithAppleScript.lbaction can be downloaded as usual from https://github.com/soniccat/LaunchBarActions
To install it, go to the github address above, click "Download ZIP" on the right side and double click the EvernoteSearchWithAppleScript.lbaction.

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”