Page 2 of 2

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 1.5]

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:49 pm
by robynw
Using space key worked. Thanks!

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 1.5]

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 am
by Ayla
Works now, thanks.

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 1.5]

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:47 am
by manfred
@nosrac a few things that came to my mind:

What about using subtitles for the artist instead of adding it to the title? This way the song title
would stand out a lot better I guess.

Looking at the built-in Spotify search, it seems that they implemented a pretty clever search behavior.
Looks like they performing three different searches for the search term, first a search for tracks,
then one for artists and finally one for albums. The result of a search are the top 3 results of each search.

Applying my suggestion, the results would somehow look like this:
Image

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 1.5]

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 pm
by matthias
Thanks a lot - love it!

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 1.5]

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:38 am
by Nosrac
manfred wrote:@nosrac a few things that came to my mind:

What about using subtitles for the artist instead of adding it to the title? This way the song title
would stand out a lot better I guess.

Looking at the built-in Spotify search, it seems that they implemented a pretty clever search behavior.
Looks like they performing three different searches for the search term, first a search for tracks,
then one for artists and finally one for albums. The result of a search are the top 3 results of each search.

Applying my suggestion, the results would somehow look like this:
Image


Good suggestions.... All implemented! I also kept the "Top Result" functionality

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 2.0]

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:43 am
by manfred
Nosrac wrote:Good suggestions.... All implemented! I also kept the "Top Result" functionality


Awesome! Do you think I should bundle it with my other Spotify Actions?

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 2.0]

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:10 pm
by Nosrac
manfred wrote:
Nosrac wrote:Good suggestions.... All implemented! I also kept the "Top Result" functionality


Awesome! Do you think I should bundle it with my other Spotify Actions?


Sure, just include a link to the github page as well

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 2.0]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:57 pm
by ecormany
Reviving a very old thread here, I realizeā€¦ but I found this action on the LB actions directory and installed it. It works for searching, but no type-ahead predictions appear. Is this due to a Spotify change, or am I missing something?

Re: [LB6 Action] Search Spotify (with predictions) [V 2.0]

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:47 pm
by Chazzo
ecormany, I think it's because of a change at Spotify. They no longer allow web access without authentication, even for non-personal stuff such as track searches.

The Search Spotify script gets its suggestions through calls like: https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?type=artist&q=Madonna, which now returns an "Unauthorized" code (401) and the message "No token provided". The main search, in contrast, works via the Spotify app, which of course is already authenticated.

Spotify's Web API and Authorization Guide pages explain how to fix this, but it's beyond my skills. Basically I think you have to register as a developer, get some kind of credentials for your app (or script in this case) and add those to the URLs used to search for suggestions.

It would be great if someone could fix this, because it's a really useful LaunchBar action.