[LB6 Action] Keyboard Maestro Macros

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
larsolsson

Re: [LB6 Action] Keyboard Maestro Macros

Postby larsolsson » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:44 pm

OK, I may be thick as a whale omelette here - or perhaps just a total n00b...but how, exactly, is this action triggered? After checking, it resides in ~/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Actions...which I assume is the correct location, but unless I missed it, this thread doesn't say what keystroke sequence triggers (or displays) this action!

Help a guy out? (and please, go easy on me!) :lol:

devananda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby devananda » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I'd like to express my gratitude for this as well.

capcrime

Postby capcrime » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:25 pm

@larsolsson: You just invoke LB and start typing "Keyboard Maestro" and the action should show up in results alongside KM itself. You can assign a specific abbreviation for the action if you want. I use "KKMM"

Kirby Krieger

Postby Kirby Krieger » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 am

Late to the party, but wanted to say:

This is FANTASTIC!

Thank you.

For anyone, like me, who does not "get it" right away:
- This is an LB "Action". It is not an LB "Rule". This means that LB does not create or keep an index of your KM macros (it is created new each time the Action is run). It also means that you must select the Action with LB in order to use it (it _does not_ enable you to _directly_ access your KM macros with an LB shortcut).
- To make this Action useable, download the Action, and launch (double-click in Finder) the file. It will have the file extension ".lbaction". Launching any lbaction file installs that Action in LB. Once you confirm the Action is installed in LB, you should delete the lbaction file from the folder into which you downloaded it.
- To use, select the Action within LB, usually by activating LB and typing a shortcut specific to the Action you just installed. In this case, the Action is "Keyboard Maestro Macros", so the shortcut I use is "kmm". Then either execute the Action (type {return}) or search it (type {right-arrow}). The _currently available_ KM macros will be listed. Note that you can continue to sub-search this list in the usual (and powerful) LB way. Once the macro you want to execute is selected, type {return} to run it.
- There is an _additional_ functionality the author (Manfred) has attached to this Action. Once the Action is installed, you can _also_ bring up a list of your available KM macros by sub-searching (LB calls this "browsing") "Keyboard Maestro" when it is selected in LB. In practice, this means that you can run your KB macros by searching in LB for either "Keyboard Maestro" (the Application listed in the LB index), or "Keyboard Maestro Macros" (the Action listed in the LB index), sub-searching (by typing {right-arrow}) to select a macro, and typing {return}.

I hope I have understood that correctly and communicated it properly.

Why is there not a Keyboard Maestro _Rule_ in LB?

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”