[LB6 Actions] A library of actions

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
hlissner
Rank 2
Rank 2

[LB6 Actions] A library of actions

Postby hlissner » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 pm

My library of LBactions: https://github.com/hlissner/lb6-actions

Download links are available at the github address above.

• Can I Use : Look up browser compatibility tables.
  • Chrome Incognito : open a chrome window incognito
  • Chrome/Chromium Tabs : Like Safari Tabs, but for Chrome/Chromium
  • Convert Currency
  • Create Disk Image : Create a disk image of the folders/files passed to it
  • Encode/Decode : Actions for encoding/decoding to/from HTML, URL, UTF-8 and base64; also for converting files to data URIs
  • Enter Path in Dialog : Sets the foremost open/save dialog window to the folder selected in LaunchBar
  • Get Image from Clipboard : Saves an image in your clipboard to a temp file and selects it in LaunchBar
  • Hastebin : Send text to hastebin.com and copy url to clipboard
  • Is Site Up : Checks http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com to see if the site is up or down
  • Search Learn X in Y Minutes : Search http://learnxinyminutes.com/ for quick start programming guides
  • Number Trivia : Silly little action to give you random trivia about any number; will choose a random number if you don't provide one
  • Optimize Image : Compress your images losslessly using ImageAlpha (and ImageOptim if you hold shift down).
  • Rate Current Song : Rate currently playing song in itunes
  • Screenshot : Optimizes using ImageAlpha, then returns to LB for sendTo chaining. Hold down alt for extra optimization via ImageOptim.
  • Search CDNJS : Live search for cdnjs.com, and provides links and HTML script/link tags for web developers to popular js/css libraries.
  • Send to Cubeupload
  • Send to Gfycat
  • Send to Imgur
  • Set Status : Change your status for skype and/or adium
  • Shorten URL with Bit.ly : (requires an api-key; prompted for it on first use)
  • Shorten URL with YourLS : (for people with their own link shortener domains)
  • Sleep Displays : Put displays to sleep while you go afk
  • Strip Tags : Strip HTML tags from text
  • Temperature in... : Look up what temperature it is anywhere in the world, or in preset locations
  • Time in... : Look up what time it is anywhere in the world. Feed it an address, a country, a city--whatever. Or list times in preset locations (set in your preferences)
  • TimeBar : (Controls TimeBar.app)
  • Toggle Desktop Icons
  • Toggle Skype Mic : Toggles mic mute in skype calls
  • VPN : [i]Connect (or disconnect) to VPNs installed with Viscosity or Tunneblick.

More info on github.

Any suggestions or requests are welcome!
Last edited by hlissner on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 40 times in total.

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: [LB6 Actions] All my actions

Postby Jono » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:23 am

How/where do I download the compiled versions on github? If I click the links it just shows code :?

awdesd

Postby awdesd » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Jono wrote:How/where do I download the compiled versions on github? If I click the links it just shows code :?

On the right side you should see download zip, just download it and unzip it.

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Jono » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Ah, I was looking for a download link on one of the actions. Didn't realise we have to download them all, thanks.

hlissner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby hlissner » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:56 am

Yeah, you have to download the entire repo for a couple actions--not ideal, but they're too small to warrant their own repos.

-----------------------------------

Also, update:

• Replaced the URL and HTML encode/decode actions with Encode/Decode.lbaction.
  • Added Domai.nr search action (w/ live suggestions)
Last edited by hlissner on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hlissner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby hlissner » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Added two new actions:

• Set Status (sets your status for Adium and Skype)
  • Is Site Up (checks if it's just you or if a site is actually up or down — uses downforeveryoneorjustme.com)
    If no string is provided, you can also have it list a few preset sites (set in its Preferences.plist file).
    If your sitelist is empty, this action will return the path to said plist file.
Last edited by hlissner on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

spacek33z

Postby spacek33z » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 am

hlissner, I just wanted to say thanks. These actions are working great :).

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Jono » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:31 am

I've just setup the Time In action. Works, great thanks!

Is there any way to set the sort order of the preset locations? (Other than alphabetically).

Also, if you rename the clock2 icon to clock2Template LaunchBar makes it look nicer :)
(I'm now using that for the main icon and results.)

veke
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby veke » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:51 pm

I really like these actions you keep coming up with! Would it be possible to do one similar to TimeIn but for weather? That'd be nice :)

hlissner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby hlissner » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Jono wrote:I've just setup the Time In action. Works, great thanks!

Is there any way to set the sort order of the preset locations? (Other than alphabetically).

Also, if you rename the clock2 icon to clock2Template LaunchBar makes it look nicer :)
(I'm now using that for the main icon and results.)

You know, now that you mention it, I don't remember what my justification for sorting them was to begin with! xD I just pushed changes to the repo--it no longer sorts them (it will keep them in the order they're specified in Preferences.plist).

Also, clock2Template doesn't seem to work for me, I just get the default gear. I'm not fond of the icons myself, so I wouldn't mind changing them for nicer ones.

spacek33z wrote:hlissner, I just wanted to say thanks. These actions are working great :).

You're very welcome! I'm glad you like them :D

veke wrote:I really like these actions you keep coming up with! Would it be possible to do one similar to TimeIn but for weather? That'd be nice :)

You're welcome! Also, I'm currently working on a weather action, but haven't decided what API to use yet.

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Jono » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:56 pm

hlissner wrote:You know, now that you mention it, I don't remember what my justification for sorting them was to begin with! xD I just pushed changes to the repo--it no longer sorts them (it will keep them in the order they're specified in Preferences.plist).

Great, thanks!

hlissner wrote:Also, clock2Template doesn't seem to work for me, I just get the default gear. I'm not fond of the icons myself, so I wouldn't mind changing them for nicer ones.

Ah, you have to rename it in the default.js script too so that it points to the newly renamed image.

hlissner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby hlissner » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:53 am

Jono wrote:Ah, you have to rename it in the default.js script too so that it points to the newly renamed image.

Oh! I just figured it out xD They do look better, thanks!

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Jono » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:12 am

No problem :)

Is there any way to format the time shown for 12 hour format? E.g. 7:25 PM instead of 19:25:21? Or if not just remove the seconds to just show the hour and minutes?

hlissner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby hlissner » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 am

Jono wrote:No problem :)

Is there any way to format the time shown for 12 hour format? E.g. 7:25 PM instead of 19:25:21? Or if not just remove the seconds to just show the hour and minutes?

As it is, no. I plan to do this though. I'll get on it in a couple days, after I'm done with my next couple of actions.

Jono
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Jono » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks, I'll look forward to it.

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”