Saving the clipboard history entries

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
robbiees

Saving the clipboard history entries

Post by robbiees » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 pm

When I was running Windows I used to use Clipmate to save away all my clipboard entries. Now that I'm on a Mac Clipmate is not available but the LaunchBar clipboard history is very useful. Although 'Preserve history across restart' is set this doesn't always seem to happen, and the history is limited to 40 items. I'd like to write some AppleScript to allow me to save away all the clipboard history entries. Would this be possible and if so can someone give me any pointers as to how this could be done.

I'm very new to AppleScript and don't know how to access these entries although I'm sure I did see a script recently that did this but can't find it now.

greenblue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Saving the clipboard history entries

Post by greenblue » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:12 am

The only thing I know that works with the LaunchBar clipboard in Applescript is:

Code: Select all

tell application "LaunchBar"
   perform action "Clear Clipboard History"

I've talked with the developer about Applescript access to the Clipboard History for other purposes and was told it wasn't possible at the moment. So please do make a request to the developer to work on better Applescript access to the Clipboard History so hopefully we'll get it!

I personally would benefit greatly from this. More info:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6381#p24541

robbiees

Re: Saving the clipboard history entries

Post by robbiees » Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Have been away from this list for a while and just noticed your reply yesterday. Note what you say. Have been trying some AppleScript with GUI scripting but not getting anywhere :(