Text modification - Changing cases

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
ptujec
Wizard
Wizard
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by ptujec » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:24 am

norbert wrote:
ptujec wrote:Thats what iRounak suggested. It works but not within LaunchBar.

I see, you are probably running a non-English system, do you? There's a bug in our current services implementation, causing localized services to fail. This will be fixed in 5.0.2.


It works after deleting all language packages except English.lproj in "~/Library/Services/WordService.service/Contents/Resources/“ … which is kind of logical from what you are saying ;)

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development
Posts: 648
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:30 pm

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by norbert » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:51 am

ptujec wrote:It works after deleting all language packages except English.lproj in "~/Library/Services/WordService.service/Contents/Resources/“ … which is kind of logical from what you are saying

Alternative: Download LaunchBar 5.0.2, which has been released a few minutes ago :wink:

ptujec
Wizard
Wizard
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by ptujec » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 am

norbert wrote:
ptujec wrote:It works after deleting all language packages except English.lproj in "~/Library/Services/WordService.service/Contents/Resources/“ … which is kind of logical from what you are saying

Alternative: Download LaunchBar 5.0.2, which has been released a few minutes ago :wink:

Yeah, that is even better.
BTW: I see a lot of people on Twitter asking why LaunchBar doesn’t use http://sparkle.andymatuschak.org/. If its on purpose I would recommend to put this in the FAQ.

sjk
Wizard
Wizard
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by sjk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 pm

ptujec wrote:If its on purpose I would recommend to put this in the FAQ.

Of course current Sparkle non-usage for LB updates is on purpose; how could it be accidentally unused? :)

matt1985
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 am

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by matt1985 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:07 am

Thanks for the information,
but it doesn’t work with LaunchBar.

ptujec
Wizard
Wizard
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by ptujec » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:59 am

matt1985 wrote:Thanks for the information,
but it doesn’t work with LaunchBar.

It does with 5.0.2

Cottser
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:57 am

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by Cottser » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 am

This doesn't seem to be working for me. Today is my first day using LaunchBar, after using Quicksilver for years.

Here's what I'm doing:
1. Bring text into LaunchBar whether via Instant Send, Copy and Paste, or the Enter Text action.
2. Tab, and then choose one of the WordService services. Press return.

Then nothing seems to happen. I'm just left staring at the text I had initially entered.

I'm on OS X 10.5.8, LaunchBar 5.0.2.

I have also tried removing everything but English from the WordService Resources directory but with no change in behaviour, even after restarting my system.

Am I missing something here, or is it just not working?

I'm expecting it to spit back the converted text into LaunchBar, but it doesn't seem to be doing a thing.

Cottser
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:57 am

Re: Text modification - Changing cases

Post by Cottser » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Just wanted to bump this to see if anyone has this working. I use this type of thing quite a bit and I've had to actually (gasp) use my mouse and bring up the services menu that way.

Post Reply