Alarm or Reminders (As in Quicksilver)

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
ptujec
Wizard
Wizard

Re:

Post by ptujec » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:39 pm

ludwigschubert wrote:
JC wrote:I just found out what you meant -- I can't use launch bar while I'm waiting for the reminder. Oh man, that doesn't work right. Anyway to fix this?

For now I'd recommend Quicksilver as it does the job and can be run along with LaunchBar.

Forget Quicksilver! ☺ LaunchBar fixed that a while ago (LB 5 RC2). You just have to use "display in large type after delay" in your applescript. CHECK THIS VERSION. I use it for quite a while. Works great.

majormauser2 wrote:Any Way for it to play a sound like "BING" or use Speech?

Jepp. Sound is part of the script I just mentioned.If you prefer speech you can add these lines to the script:

Code: Select all

-- speech
      delay delay_time
      say future_message
But it only works if your time designation is in seconds … and somehow its also not in total sync.

JC wrote:Is there anyway to add the option of time with ludwigschubert's script? Where I can say "get the pizza 4:30pm" ?
This would perfect the entire script …

Yeah, thats a different story. I use QuickCal (Dashboard Widget) for those things eventhough you can use LaunchBar to set up dates in iCal. I hope there will be a scriptable desktop version of QuickCal one day. I just love the smart reminders.

ptujec
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Alarm or Reminders (As in Quicksilver)

Post by ptujec » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Do you know the new Macapp. I'm actually part of the team now ;)