Can't install Convert Currency

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
Julius

Can't install Convert Currency

Postby Julius » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi!

I downloaded Convert Currency. After installing it by double-clicking the file it got the following error message:

Code: Select all

Error: Error loading script: Die Datei „notify.js“ konnte nicht geöffnet werden, da sie nicht existiert. /Users/xyz/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Actions/Convert Currency.lbaction/Contents/Scripts/shared/lib/notify.js (line 1).

According to this post, this is because I didn't run the rake file. When I am trying to do so, my terminal shows:

Code: Select all

/Users/xyz/Downloads/lb6-actions-master/Rakefile ; exit;
xyz-MBP:~ xyz$ /Users/juliushimmler/Downloads/lb6-actions-master/Rakefile ; exit;
/Users/xyz/Downloads/lb6-actions-master/Rakefile: line 3: require_relative: command not found
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

Now, I'm stuck and don't know what else to do to make Convert Currency run. Can you help me?
Thanks,
Julius

tomiams

Re: Can't install Convert Currency

Postby tomiams » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 am

Alright, ignore any files you have installed as they will be overwritten by the correct ones. So let's start over.

1. Go to
https://github.com/hlissner/lb6-actions
2. Download zip
3. unzip file

4. Go to
https://github.com/hlissner/lb6-lib-shared
5. Download zip
6. unzip file

So far in your download folder you should see these two folders:
lb6-actions-master
lb6-lib-shared-master

7. Open the folder titled "lb6-lib-shared-master" and select everything inside the folder and copy
8. Open the folder titled "lb6-actions-master", go to "shared", then "lib", and paste everything inside of it.

9. Launch terminal and type cd then space then pull the "lb6-actions-master" folder inside of terminal then press enter. So the command will look like this:
cd /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Downloads/lb6-actions-master

10. Still in terminal, type rake and press enter

Now you have all the actions in the "lb6-actions-master" folder ready to install. Install any of the actions you like and if LaunchBar says the action already exists, click "Replace"

For Convert Currency, there will be the extra steps for adding the api key.
11. Go to the following link and sign up
https://currencylayer.com/signup/free
12. you'll be taken to a page with an api key somewhere on it, copy it
13. open launchbar and type Convert and choose the convert currency action
14. type anything like 1 USD to EUR and press enter
15. The error message will pop up. Choose "preferences". If the option isn't there from the first time just relaunch launchbar and try again.
16. You'll be taken to a folder with a file named peferences. Open it using textedit
17. Paste the API key in place of ---API KEY HERE--- and ensure there are no spaces before or after the api key
18. save and exit

19. Retry the currency conversion & have fun

Julius

Re: Can't install Convert Currency

Postby Julius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Wow, thanks a lot for your detailed help! It worked!
Thank you!

Return to “LaunchBar Actions”