VPN connection problem while using Little Snitch

General discussions about Little Snitch
peterparker78

VPN connection problem while using Little Snitch

Postby peterparker78 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:31 pm

HI there,

Little Snitch Latest version 3.5.3

OSX 10.9.5

I have recently updated LS when the latest update was released and since then I have problem connecting to Private Internet Access (PIA) or Smart DNS VPN while Little Snitch is running. i tried Tunnelblick as well as Open VPN, using native PIA client as well as Viscosity however the problem remains. I even created a rule allowing connection to PIA in little snitch however the only way I can connect to VPN if LS is turned off. Once I establish connection, it will carry on working as long as mac is awake. As soon as mac goes to sleep and wake it up again, VPN connection is lost.

My mac book pro running 10.10.3 does not have this issue at all and I can establish VPN connection even if LS is running.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue

Thank you

JohannOosthuizen

Re: VPN connection problem while using Little Snitch

Postby JohannOosthuizen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Enable automatic profile switching in preferences.
Enable silent mode allow all incoming connections.
Establish a vpn connection and then create a new profile for that connection.

sisoro23

Postby sisoro23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi guys,

These VPN kill swithces are NO match for Little Snitch's Kill Switch features. AMong other things, WHen I am torrending, and suddenly my VPN drops but I am working online LS automatically switches the connection rules blocking the torrent app while not blocking my other apps based on the rules I have defined. Plus, most of these VPN Kill switches are buggy and cause problems. So both feature wise and in terms of just working, there is a problem with them.

Also, users such as @eastham and @Cuzman46 are affiliates paid by those respective VPN Services - whether or not tohse VPNs are good I wont say, but stay away from such people (SEe here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9886)

Also, a bunch of people here too @Sulayman , @AlexanderAddisoon, @jameshouston135 at this url: (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9576&start=15).

Please stop damage LS's development by undermining LS's superior Kill Switch feature. Thankls. I hope the moderators take a look at these users and at least remove some of their posts.

elviraalbert9

Postby elviraalbert9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Ivacy VPN has been rated #1 in fastest vpn list by bestvpn.com-The most reputable VPN reviewer in the industry.

Ivacy is built for High-Speed VPN connection so that you can enjoy seamless Online Streaming, Unlimited Bandwidth, and a Secure Web-surfing experience.
Ivacy offers a VPN services that are compatible with almost every device on the marketplace including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, smart TVs and even your Xbox.

Ivacy’s Fast P2P Optimized VPN servers allow you to stream your favorite content on the web smoothly and enable you to surf the web anonymously.

Note: Ivacy has been nominated in BestVPN.com 2019 awards in the Best Speed, Best Privacy, Best Value, Editor’s Choice, People’s Choice and Best Overall categories. If you're like to vote for Ivacy simply go to bestvpn.com/awards and submit your vote there. Happy Holidays.

Return to “Little Snitch General”