Network Monitor in 2 beta shows processes in red?

General discussions about Little Snitch
brian163

Network Monitor in 2 beta shows processes in red?

Post by brian163 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:28 pm

I looked through the new help and forum and couldn't find an answer to this.

Does anyone know why some processes appear in Network Monitor with their name in red? It's not associated with a denial rule as it has occurred for processes for which I have approved the connection and while I have no active denial rules at all.

And I've been trying to catch it again but I think the processes in question also disappear from the Network Monitor after a period of time (as opposed to turning white).

Just curious.

brian163

Post by brian163 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:59 am

With apologies, I guess I should have used the new version a little longer before I posted this question. I didn't realize the Network Monitor was only showing running processes, I thought it was showing any process that had made a service connection. Processes turn red after they exit.

Which begs at least one question in my mind. Is there a way to view the connection history for any/all processes (even if they are not running)? Is there a log file that can be opened in the console app? (I located a few snitch related logs but the only ones that looked related were 0 bytes.) If so, maybe there should be a menu item that will open it for you.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:38 pm

Currently there's no log of the network activity, but logging is on the wanted features list.