Configuration via Preference Pane

General discussions about Little Snitch
Oliver

Configuration via Preference Pane

Post by Oliver » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:11 pm

Hello,

I have already thought of Little Snitch being perfect but as you show there is still a little room for improvement. Thank you.
The new rules editor is fine although I won't edit rules that often, but UNDO support is good.
The Network Monitor indcator is interesting, but as you guess users whishes differ here, my favorit: I am not interested in peak performance but a history of network activity. And although the netword activity HUD display is nice for network admins, I do not see a useful purpose for casual users, but YMMV.
From a visual point of view I do not understand why the three modes how long a rules lasts is displayed as three tabs in the alert box - I consider even a matrix of radio buttons more logical than tabs here.
Apart from that I suggest strongly not to move the rules editor into a seperate application but keep it as a preference pane: I consider Little Snitch a system tool which I adjust in the system preferences and having another application to look for maddens me.
Once again, I am totally happy with Little Snitch (1) and hope it'll stay with me for a long time.

Oliver