Post by derekdee007 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi all,
I am using below:
Version 2.4.3 (2166), Oct 3, 2011

Little Snitch Configuration Version 257
Core System Version 2166
Kernel Version 2.4.3

On OSX 10.7.3

I am doing some testing with UNODNS to see if I can watch BBC iPlayer in the US. I have verified that I have made all the correct settings with UNO DNS but I can't get it to work.

If I turn the Network filter off on Little Snitch it works fine.

Anybody can test this for themselves by going over to http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/ and trying the free trial. They don't take a credit card and you can use a fake name. Go over to BBC UK Iplayer and try to play anything. It will probably say this content does not seem to be working, then turn off LS and refresh.

I do not have any explicit LS rules that should stop it. All system process rules are set to allow any connection with the exception of SubmitDiagInfo
Firefox (what I am using) is set to allow any connection as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

derekdee007

Re: UNODNS and Little Snitch 2 not working

Post by derekdee007 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:23 pm

I tried Chrome and Safari and it works there. I cannot figure out how Firefox is treated differently.

derekdee007

Post by derekdee007 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 pm

I thought upgrading to LS3 might help. But nope. However I located the offending item that was preventing Firefox from working with BBC Iplayer and UnoDNS. It is called, "plugin-container" not sure why I blocked connections to this application, but I allowed connections and now it is working.

JammieR

Post by JammieR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Another reason might be your location. It works only in the UK. if you want it to work from around the world, You have to use a vpn to watch bbc iplayer abroad
How do I know it, because, once I was traveling to Canada and faced this same issue! Searched it on google and asked a friend. He recommended this solution and it worked in Canada. :D