LittleSnitch2.0 feedback

General discussions about Little Snitch
Raj

LittleSnitch2.0 feedback

Post by Raj » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:00 am

I've been using Little Snitch 2.0 public beta for a few days now and I've noticed two things which have bothered me so I thought I'd mention them.

1) When a program attempts a new connection for which Little Snitch doesn't have rule, the window which is displayed always has the "Until Quit" (or some such) button as the default one. It would be nice to be able to quickly and easily select "Forever", such as with the space bar (if it's designated as the alternate choice in this way inside the program).

2) It would be nice to be able to tell Little Snitch that any activity matching a rule should NOT result in Network Monitor notice and this should be available on rule by rule basis. That way, when my email program checks email once a minute I wouldn't have to see a notice for it every time!

Other than these things, I'm loving it and will probably buy it!

Great work, everyone!

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 am

(1) Press the right arrow key or type "3" to select "Forever"

(2) You can already create "Don't show in Network Monitor" rules on a per-application basis.

For example, when your email program appears in Network Monitor, select it, Control-click (or right-click) it's icon and select "Don't Show in Network Monitor" from the menu.

raj

Post by raj » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Very cool! Actually, I notice you can use the up & down arrows as well to change the connection type!

Ok, one other thing. In the Rules window, I would expect that you should be able to create a rule for a program by simply right clicking on the program name. Instead, it appears the only way to create a new rule for a program is to use the "New Rule" selection and then select the application, etc., even if the application is already in the Rules window. I shouldn't have to re-select the application if it's already a listed application and I'm simply creating a new rule for it.

Thanks for the reply, guys! Great work!

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:22 pm

Choose "Rules > New Rule for Selection" from the menu or press Command-Option-N to create a new rule for the currently selected program.