Delete Little Snitch

General discussions about Little Snitch
miked

Delete Little Snitch

Post by miked » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 pm

I have installed Little Snitch on my iMac and it is driving me round the bend. Can anyone please tell me how to remove it. It is installed in System Preferences.

Gino

A good quesiton

Post by Gino » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:35 pm

This as a good question. I am a recent convert from the PC darkside and have brought with me all the attendant paranoia. I had various versions of ZoneAlarm installed for a total of 6 years on my PC. We all now that after a time PC systems become unstable due to accumulated "debris". My latest version of ZoneLaram decided to take that same course after 2 yrs. Eventually it disallowed the manual and auto updates of my antivirus and several spyware programs, and it would not allow its own uninstall!

I'm not terribly computer savvy, so while I was outraged, I was also powerless for more than a year until someone was finally able to correctly instruct me to safe-mode and delete.

I give this autobiography only to see from OD clear instructions for sure and complete uninstall of LS before I buy it. I don't want to go through that again. So, how do you uninstall LS completely?

FredB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FredB » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Run the Little Snitch installer and click "uninstall".
If you don't have the installer anymore, get it here.

If it's installed in System Preferences, I guess you should download 1.2.4

miked

Little Snitch Removal

Post by miked » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks FredB a lot. All OK now and have got rid of it and its annoying popups.

Mike D

FredB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FredB » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:54 am

You're welcome.
Those "annoying popups" are there because you don't understand how to configure LS, but you probably don't understand its usefulness anyway...