Command line access to LS

General discussions about Little Snitch
Scott

Command line access to LS

Post by Scott » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:43 am

Hi,

Is there some way to access the various rules via the command line?

I regularly access one of my systems via SSH and from there access additional systems...unfortunately I didn't seem to write the correct rules before leaving the system physically, so whilst I can still access the box, I can't do much by way of networking outbound from it.

This is in regards to the latest beta version.

Thanks.

Re: Command line access to LS

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Scott wrote:I regularly access one of my systems via SSH and from there access additional systems...unfortunately I didn't seem to write the correct rules before leaving the system physically, so whilst I can still access the box, I can't do much by way of networking outbound from it.

I totally second that. As a new LS User (bought a family Pack yesterday) i was surprised, that it also intercepted remote shells.

I would dream of some kind of ncurses interface, which would ask me on a console the same way it does in the gui.

Or at least, is there a possibility to allow all connections if they are made from a remote console?

Okona

Post by Okona » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 pm

Or at least, is there a possibility to allow all connections if they are made from a remote console?

Previous post was me, forgot to login, sorry.

ekc

Post by ekc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:04 am

I completely agree. I am new to LS, but some kind of shell level control is essential if I'm going to continue using it.

I was in a real quandary today when I needed to access my computer at home from work and couldn't get things done. I was able to ssh to it, so I guess I must have made a rule for that already, but other tools like curl and ftp were inoperable. Once I realized LS was to blame, I tried to kill the process without any success (even as root). Eventually, out of desperation, I had to move the preference pane out of the library and reboot the machine remotely. Of course, now it's not protected at all.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:39 pm

I would also like some way to control (or at least enable/disable) Little Snitch from a shell. It seems that no matter how many programs I preconfigure Little Snitch for at home, when I get to work I find that I just need that one more program let loose, but I can't use it because I can't control Little Snitch at all.

geezusfreeek

Post by geezusfreeek » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:I would also like some way to control (or at least enable/disable) Little Snitch from a shell.

That was me. I forgot to log in just like Okona did.